AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Fixing a broken center brace

Fixing a broken center brace

I Bought a Marineland Perfecto 11944 that has been drilled 3 times at the top. I plan to put my Oscar and a Bichir in this tank. I have already pickup 3 tubes of GE SCS1200 to reseal it. I am seeking some advise on how to fix a broken center brace. The tank is 60x18x26. I have reached out to Marineland but they will not sell me a new top frame. How would y'all fix this.

IMG_20171004_170359.jpgIMG_20171003_173842.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I used marine epoxy. It was the exact same break with the center brace. It seemed to work for the time I had it setup about 5 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe strip the top frame and brace with glass siliconed in place

I was thinking either to use an aluminum bar bent to fit exactly over rim, Or to just build my own out of wood. I am thinking the Wood option as I have to remove the old rim to reseal, it also gives me the ability to build a canopy on to it.

You might try this

I broke a center band on a 55 gallon. I didn't want to use any adhesive because failure would likely result in destruction of the tank. I did this. This just aluminum from Home Depot.
    Measure carefully because two stainless bolts have to exact
    to keep the tank sides parallel. you can also use longer strips of angle aluminum to give more support
    IMG_0341.jpgIMG_0342.jpg

The rim could not be save. While I was removing the top frame so I could reseal, it broke in a few different parts. I think I will be going the route of making the top rim out of wood. This will give me a good base to build a canopy off of.

One last idea. You might look at this: http://www.aquariumframeswholesale.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Koach View Post
    One last idea. You might look at this: http://www.aquariumframeswholesale.com/
    I already have. The tank on the outside of glass is just a smidge bigger then what they offer.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk