AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Rotty needs home

Rotty needs home

I've got a friend with a 5-6 year old Rottie that needs a home. He's been fixed, all his shots are up to date. He's in Acworth. Someone left him, and they can no longer take care of him and don't want to take him to the shelter unless there's no choice. Anyone here got room for a big lapdog? He's sweet. I've met him. Name is Chuma.

I don't have photos, but I can get them from my friend if needed.

Just a heads up, my wife and I volunteer at a rescue in Dunwoody and dogs going to shelters from owners are the first to be put to sleep unfortunately. Tell your friend to talk to Mostly Mutts. They are one of many rescue organizations in the metro area who happen to be based out of Kennesaw on Cherokee Street near downtown Kennesaw and go up to the Petsmart on Barrett. They may be able to help out taking him in. Good luck finding a home for him.

I wouldn't mind meeting him, although it's been a minute since I've owned a dog. Any info on dog/food/cat/child aggression?

Quote Originally Posted by HiImSean View Post
    Just a heads up, my wife and I volunteer at a rescue in Dunwoody and dogs going to shelters from owners are the first to be put to sleep unfortunately. Tell your friend to talk to Mostly Mutts. They are one of many rescue organizations in the metro area who happen to be based out of Kennesaw on Cherokee Street near downtown Kennesaw and go up to the Petsmart on Barrett. They may be able to help out taking him in. Good luck finding a home for him.
    Thank you for that information. I'll make sure to tell Ben tonight when I talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherbeast View Post
    I wouldn't mind meeting him, although it's been a minute since I've owned a dog. Any info on dog/food/cat/child aggression?
    I know they have four cats. And I know there's a six year old with autism that Ben takes care of sometimes. But I'll ask him tonight, and see about getting contact information for you. The full situation on Chuma is that he was Ben's brother's dog, and Aerik ran off to Oregon and left him. Not coming home either. So Ben, his dad, and his stepmom (Ben lives at home, he's in college) have been trying to take care of him but no one is home long enough to give the big baby the attention he really needs. They live in a subdivision and don't have a good fenced yard (or enough room for one really), so he stays in a huge crate a lot. They've been trying to find him a good home, but no luck, so I told him I'd ask around here and see if anyone had suggestions (or possibly wanted him).

Heather, I'm going to PM you George's contact information and some additional information on Chuma.