AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Kribensis fry in a 20g long tank

Question Kribensis fry in a 20g long tank

A pair of Kribensis have had fry in a 20g long tank. Looks like about 20. This is the 1st time I have had this happen. I wonder when I need to take the male out to prevent more fry? I wonder how long I can keep them in the 20g long tank? I wonder when I need to move them to a bigger tank? Will a 29g tank be big enough to grow them out? About how long will it take for them to get big enough to sell?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
    when I need to take the male out to prevent more fry?
    Watch for the fry to leave the group and spread around the tank. Watch the male for a color change and displaying toward the female when she comes out to eat. That's when you worry about more fry. Mine seem to have stopped after going strong all summer, you could try lowing the temp a bit.

Demon thanks for the info. I was just thinking that I need to add a heater, for night house temp is 69F. What temp do you keep your tank at?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
    Demon thanks for the info. I was just thinking that I need to add a heater, for night house temp is 69F. What temp do you keep your tank at?
    Right now its 72. There isn't a heater in there, just 2 strong filters. It was 78 earlier in the year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk