AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Apisto Cacatuoides Triple Reds

Apisto Cacatuoides Triple Reds

I have around 10-15 adult males triple red apistogramma cacatuoides for sale for $15 each. There are a few that will probably turn super red as they color up for breeding. I'm very male heavy right now but I should have some females coming up in the next batch that should be ready in about a month.

I'm on the north side of Atlanta near Acworth.

cacatuoides-3red.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mbroome View Post
    I have around 10-15 adult males triple red apistogramma cacatuoides for sale for $15 each. There are a few that will probably turn super red as they color up for breeding. I'm very male heavy right now but I should have some females coming up in the next batch that should be ready in about a month.

I'm on the north side of Atlanta near Acworth.

cacatuoides-3red.jpg
    Do you have any left?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    75g Planted Discus tank

Quote Originally Posted by mbroome View Post
    I'm very male heavy right now but I should have some females coming up in the next batch that should be ready in about a month.
    Turn the temp down in your tank. The ratio of male to female apistos is heavily affected by temp. Lower 70's and you will get more females. Higher 70's and you will get more males.
    Larry Bugg
    NADA (North American Discus Association) BOD Member
    SEDE, Southeast Discus Enthusiast

Yes, I still have alot of them available.

It took me a few spawns to have them old enough to sex before I realized the male/female ratio. I have sense moved them lower in the rack (to decrease temperature) but I don't have any spawns from them yet to know the new ratio.

Interested they look nice