Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Linear Piston Air Pump Won't Push Air Through Tanks

Question Linear Piston Air Pump Won't Push Air Through Tanks

I just got the LPH45 setup in the fish room today. It won't push air down to my sponge filters in a 20 tall, and 2 40 breeders. They will push air at the top of the surface of the tanks, but not when they get into the tank. All my PVC is glued, 13 other outlets work fine.

Kennesaw, GA
    Blog Entries
    Something sounds wrong. Did you buy the pump new from Jehmco? I have the smaller LPH26 and I pump plenty of air into 22 box filters, a 300 gallon water storage unit with a water column of 6 1/2 feet, and have plenty of air to spare. Maybe remove the cover and make sure the air filter isn't dirty? Occasionally, I've had to poke a paper clip into the air valves on my output manifold because they can get clogged with a black oily substance. Not sure what the substance is, but it helps to clear those out out after several years of continuous operation. I've had mine running continuously for 16 years. If yours is new, then maybe it's just a bad one? If so, I would call Jehmco.

It's brand new out of the box from Jehmco, they said they never had a problem with this pump before. It has plenty of air, don't know why it can't push it through the water.

I'm not familiar with the pump. Is there possibly a relief valve wide open?

Johns Creek, Georgia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Definitely something wrong, either in the pump or the hookup. Check for leaks, clogs and crimped hoses, then call Jehmco and ask for help. That pump should easily pump to the bottom of 55s.

It’s closed. You can hear it loud and clear, when it is open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the tanks have differnt depths you need to close the valves some on the shallower tanks to create more preasure on the lines going to the deeper tanks i have this pump and had the same problem

I found out the problem, everything is working. There was a problem with the air stone I used in the sponge filter which made it not work. There is a lot of air power now in all outlets. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.