AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Considering a LED light for my high light 75gal

Considering a LED light for my high light 75gal

My 4 tube HO T5 fixture is starting to die, so I need a replacement light. Has anyone experience using LED lights for a high to very high light aquarium? I haven't been keeping up with recent developments in aquarium lighting so I am looking for advice on lighting.
    Plants, plants, and more plants...

LED do well for that. however, they die at some point and cant be replaced like a bulb....but all told the cost for unit replacement every 4-5 years vs bulbs every 6-9 months (high light only) makes up for that issue. I have a fluval plant plus light on my 90 24" tall tank and its growing plants well. Id like more light but some weird electrical thing happens and i cant run a t5 with it, the fluval just cycles on and off. I dont want it badly enough to spend another $150, so i have a single fixture on it.

dont compare wattages, the LED are more efficient.

good luck

I have a planted+ as well it does really well, super bright. A lot of the YouTubers swear by the Fluval Fresh & Plant 2.0 but it's out of my price range. I also am using some led work lights like these. https://www.menards.com/main/lightin...3511099&ipos=1 Super super bright and fairly inexpensive. Would work great if you had a canopy and you screwed 3-4 of these in the top.