AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Cyprichromis Leptosoma

Cyprichromis Leptosoma

Is anyone breeding any Cyprichromis on the forum? Seeing whats available local. Thanks for any input.

i'm getting ready to order a bunch more jumbo black bee (mpimbwe) & some speckleback moba. what / how many are you looking for?

do you have any interesting tangs to sell / trade? always looking...

Quote Originally Posted by insite View Post
    i'm getting ready to order a bunch more jumbo black bee (mpimbwe) & some speckleback moba. what / how many are you looking for?

do you have any interesting tangs to sell / trade? always looking...
    For Cyps, I am looking for something colorful and interesting. If I have to order them in (have them shipped), I am probably leaning towards Kitumba.

Only thing I have fry of at this time are N. Cylindercus at roughly 3/4" and smaller (they might be closer to 1/2" - I know they are what I consider to small to sell).

i have jumbo aqua fin chimba & black bee now. i have a bunch more mpibwe black bee & moba inbound. i mainly do larger jumbos so they don't get eaten by the gibs. my smallest are around 2.5" and the largest are 5.5". some of them are coloring up nicely, but i think they are still maturing. heads & bodies haven't started to show much yet, but they will.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great looking tank. The Gibs look great, I am assuming some type of Zaire Blue, possible Moba? I am keeping Mpimbwe Gibs.

thanks!

for gibs, you're right: i have kitumba, moba & lupota. they do have a LOT of color! love 'em. i also have an unidentified rescue front (almost all black, probably 15yrs old) and a rescue kigoma. they are both full grown and were in a 30gal tank with no substrate and no aquascape. much happier now! all in all, i have fifteen gibs/fronts ranging from 2" baby lupota to 13.5" 'big daddy'.

i will take more pics when my next batch of guests arrive. i should have a dozen black bee on the 8th, half a dozen paracyps (3"-4"!!), half a dozen moba cyps and four enantiopus kilesa. at that point, i may be a little bit past 'fully stocked'. as everyone grows up, i'll probably have to divest a little bit. we shall see.

Hello Frank,

I have a wild breeding group that I got in Sept. They are 4 or 5 Wild Cyprichromis leptosoma blue Mpulungu (at least 1 male, need to see if I can find the other male).

Cheers,

Pierre