AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanks for sale

Tanks for sale

So, are you looking for that "something different"? I have the perfect setups, and deals for you! I love odd size tanks, so I couldn't pass either of these up when I found them, and I think you'll love them too.

I believe these to be fairly priced, but feel free to shoot me an offer...just no low ball stuff. Text or PM if interested. Four 7 eight 2 one 3 six 3 five 2

All items are located in Warner Robins, GA...I will not deliver outside the local area. We can discuss it if you are in my local area.

First...

This is a ready-to-go, plug and play 36"L x 18.5"D x 12"H tank that is drilled on the bottom, on both ends, one overflow, one return. This is about a 35 gal tank. The overflow is 2" and the return is 1/2" pvc with two Locline outlets. The back and the trim have both been painted black. The tank is currently running, super quiet, I might add, and holding water fine. I've run it as a SW and FW setup.

The sump is 24"L x 12.5"D x 12" H, and has two glass baffles (weirs) siliconed in. This is about a 15 gal tank. It has a DIY filter made of a 3-drawer plastic tote, with multiple holes drilled in the drawers. The top drawer holds filter batting, while the second drawer holds ceramic rings and matrix. You can add whatever biological filter media in the bottom drawer. The sump is currently in use, and holding water fine. Buyer to receive Matrix and ceramic rings.

There is a heater, but I honestly do not remember the brand or wattage of it. It is not submersible.

The return pump is a brand new Lifegard Quiet1One 3000 (758gph) that has never seen water. I'm keeping the current pump that is in use on the tank right now.

The stand is a DIY stand, and is built to last! The structure of the stand is 2" x 4" construction, and is all painted white to give a nice, clean appearance. The stand is skinned with OSB that has been sanded, stained, and finished with several coats of lacquer to protect it from any spills. This was originally setup as a SW frag tank, so I built a small shelf on the front to work on frags. It is trimmed, and has the same finish as the rest of the stand. I covered it with a sheet of metal, and encouraged it to rust in hopes of then sealing it with epoxy. Sadly I never got around to that. Inside the stand is lit by a halogen touch-light that is really nice for working in the sump area. Additionally, I've installed a DIY power bar on the back wall, that gives you 8 plugs to plug in your equipment, and only one plug that goes into your wall outlet. The whole front is held on with 4 magnet latches, and completely removes for easy access to the sump area.

It has a floating canopy, that is suspended from 2" x 4" constructed hangers using an adjustable light hanging kit. In the picture it is being lit by two black-box LED units, but I'm keeping those. The buyer will receive a single black-box, full spectrum LED light, which is plenty for this setup. I'll include a timer for the light.

$350.00

Second...

This second one is an unfinished project of mine, that I just don't have time for. The buyer will get the tank, overflow box, return nozzle, both bulkheads, a standard 10 gal sump with baffles (weirs) siliconed in place, and the unfinished stand.

Again, it's an odd size tank at 24"W x 18"D x 12"H coming in at about 22.5 gallons. It's an older Oceanic tank that is drilled on the upper back wall on the right for an overflow and the left for the return. I had an overflow box made, that is held in place by the bulkhead. It has been water tested, and holds water fine.

The stand is made of 2" x 4" and 2" x 3" construction, and joined with pocket screws. It's very strong, and sturdy!

$40.00

3rd: I've got yet another unfinished project. This is a stand I made, which was originally going to hold the Oceanic tank above, but the tank didn't look right sitting on this behemoth. It measures 32-inches tall, 37-inches wide, and 33-inches deep. It is made from 2" x 4" construction, with plywood on the top and inside on the floor of the stand. It is skinned with paneling, and trimmed with 1" x 3" primered white pine. The area inside the upper trim measures 36" W x 31.5" D. You could easily park a 90 gal cube on this thing. The front door is held on with magnetic latches, so it comes completely off, and out of the way. Inside is lit by three LED lights, so you have plenty of lighting in there. The tank you see inside the stand is a 20 gal long, so plenty of room in there. The 20 gal long does not come with the stand. Trim is has primer on it, so it will need paint. I've got $75 wrapped up in materials on this, so...

$50.00 takes it!

Lastly...

There are some FW fish in the 35 gal tank that need new homes.

1st: I have a single F1 Cichlasoma dimerus Bella Union. It's about 7-inches, and I believe it to be a male. This is one from Ken Davis. Beautiful fish, and eats like a pig!

$15.00

2nd:
    I have two F1 Gymnogeophagus balzani Belle Union. They are both around 3-inches, and I believe there is 1M, 1F. These too are from Ken Davis. These, the male in particular, will be gorgeous when grown. If you aren't familiar with them, do a Google image search...wow!

$15.00 for the pair

Apologize for the garbage pics, it's difficult to get them to hold still. The Sevrums have already been claimed

Lastly: three Cherry Barbs (unk sex)

FREE!

The fish must be claimed prior to, or with the 35 gal setup.
    I do not have anywhere to put them once the 35 gal is gone.

80 views and nothing?

- just not interested?
    - too far away?
    - prices too high?

Help me out here...

no, incredible post on some great tank. Folks have a lot of options on tanks, and yours are a little more high tech, so that may be the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
    80 views and nothing?

- just not interested?
    - too far away?
    - prices too high?

Help me out here...

Probably mostly a location thing I think. Your systems are reasonably priced for what I see. Maybe a bit high for what I've seen selling recently, but not much.

I wish you still had those Sevs. I'd make the drive!

Good luck!
    Len

Thinking it about it a bit more.... you may want to post on the reef club site. Those could could be SW tanks in a minute.

I am interested, you have some nice tanks and cabinets there. Low on funds after Christmas lol.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the feedback.

I didn't think about it being so soon after Christmas, that's my bad.

Len, good idea about the post on ARC, but I'm not a paid member (and zero desire to rejoin), so I can't post items for sale there.

Perhaps I just need to be patient, and maybe post on my local craigslist too.

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the feedback.

I didn't think about it being so soon after Christmas, that's my bad.

Len, good idea about the post on ARC, but I'm not a paid member (and zero desire to rejoin), so I can't post items for sale there.

Perhaps I just need to be patient, and maybe post on my local craigslist too.
    Craiglist is a good idea. Post the ad there and then PM me the link. We can get it seen on ARC. ;)

Like I would grab some of the fish but, its so far away

I would gladly take both of your unfinished projects if its not 100 miles away :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk