AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: killifish?

killifish?

Hey- I'm looking to setup/re-setup a couple of tanks and trying to figure out some stocking options. I just thought I'd check and see if anyone on here is breeding killifish (that would be available for me to purchase from you within the next couple of months) and what species. I'm considering some clown killies in particular for one tank, but I do have a fair amount of space (including a new brackish tank) available so I'd be interested in hearing what else you all have going. Pictures in the comments are a bonus :)

I have an extra pair or two of clown killies ($15 pr). Aphyosemion australe Orange($15 pr), Epiplatys dageti ($10 pr), Fundulopanchax gardneri N'sukka ($10 pr), Aphyosemion straitum Lamborene ($10 pr). I can bring to meeting Jan 20th.

I'm definitely interested in the clown killies for sure- I'll keep the others in mind as I keep plotting out these tanks. If you'd like, I'd be happy to take the clowns off your hands whenever though. I can't make it to the meeting but I could probably meet you earlier in the day somewhere? Not sure where you're located. I'm happy to come pick up anywhere in the greater Atlanta area

Have aphyosemion geryi and exegodium pairs $15 pr

I can also bring Apisto baenschi "Inca 50" prs $25, 1 pair of Apisto borelli "Belle Union" $25

Bobmajor - I'm having a hard time finding those species online. I'm assuming the first is [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Scriptaphyosemion geryi - but the second one you listed isn't pulling up anything at all for me. Sorry if I'm missing something, I'm totally new to killies [/COLOR]

killies

Quote Originally Posted by kels13m View Post
    bobmajor - i'm having a hard time finding those species online. I'm assuming the first is [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]scriptaphyosemion geryi - but the second one you listed isn't pulling up anything at all for me. Sorry if i'm missing something, i'm totally new to killies [/color]
    both of these are scripto aphyoseion species .most people are not aware that the genus aphyosemion has been redone into 3 genuses so i use the original designation which more people are familiar with.
    You can find pictures on the american killie fish assn web page

Bob- I think they were referring to exegodium pairs. I also tried to research it to see if I could help, but the only Google return for "exegodium" is actually one of our past auction lists.

GUYS!!! you are my saviors. I have been wanting to get into killis for a long time, i will see if i can make it to the next meeting and actually get started on them. i have several empty tanks that just need fish in my fish room.
    Ill try to get with you in the next few weeks

Found picture on fish base.org under aphyosemion