AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Looking for bulk moss

Hybrid View

Looking for bulk moss

Iím going to try doing a moss wall and need a lot of moss.
    Does anyone in the club have any they want to sell ?

I have some. definitely not bulk- maybe a cups worth that I could trade. It just grows very slow, even in ideal conditions, so it's hard to get a bunch of it all at once--- that's why it's so overpriced at LFS

Just as a tip, it grows faster in cooler water- like low 70s

and I also tried the moss wall thing--- it worked... kind of... but was annoying to keep grooming in my tank. I used superglue gel to glue portions onto a thick plastic mesh and that worked until it got longer and needed to be pulled out and re-glued to keep it from growing out instead of onto the mesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kels13m View Post
    I have some. definitely not bulk- maybe a cups worth that I could trade. It just grows very slow, even in ideal conditions, so it's hard to get a bunch of it all at once--- that's why it's so overpriced at LFS

Just as a tip, it grows faster in cooler water- like low 70s

and I also tried the moss wall thing--- it worked... kind of... but was annoying to keep grooming in my tank. I used superglue gel to glue portions onto a thick plastic mesh and that worked until it got longer and needed to be pulled out and re-glued to keep it from growing out instead of onto the mesh
    If you still have it I would love some.

Sorry Fish_guy---- kellymm got to me first. I wish I had a bunch more since I know everyone wants to buy moss (and the stupid tissue culture stuff you can buy in store is waaaay over priced), but I only grow it in nano tanks so I don't have a lot of extra growing at one time. :/

I would be interested if fish guy backs out . I'm starting a new shrimp tank .A cups worth would be fine .