AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Hello everyone ............

Hello everyone ............

Hi guys, hmm .........so I just moved here from Virginia. My mom was sick so my family and I relocated to this area. My mom is in Marietta and I am in Kennesaw. I ended up in a cool but modest house behind CarMax off Barrett Parkway if any of ya have a reference to the area its kind of unique have little over an acre in the middle of it all. .It is a small house ..not sure where I will set up my tanks but I have a decent barn .hmm maybe there! Anyways I was an active member of several clubs up in Va. and Im starting to feel the loss... of friends and the network. Is funny when you know absolutely no one who can help ya out or hook ya up not even to grab a beer with. Is lame for sure.
    My family consists of my partner my son and myself, two dogs, three birds and normally more tanks than is ever rational (all broke down in the barn now ) I currently still work in Virginia .so Im here for ten days than in VA for four days then back here for ten and so on. I hope to end that whole process as soon as I can. ( im a hairdresser btw )My partner works for Toyota in Kennesaw and my son works for NTB in Kennesaw. They are both reluctant aquarium hobbyist!
    I have kept most everything............ salt coral/ fish only brackish ......... hmm inverts reptiles amphibian planted, discus , every type of cichlids new world old world, African, Madagascar etc even hybrids. My phases change but my dedication seldom does and I openly admit my "hobby" is sometimes more intense than maybe it should be haha .
    I am also into bonsai, ball python morphs, orchids, plants, and landscaping gardening on any level, overall a total animal and plant nut. I love anything " tattoos" I plan on attending tattoo convention this week. I am now trying to get into welding (hobby/ recreation)............ so if any of my stuff resonates with ya maybe we could hook up and be friends. I of course, have a million other interest and open to everything just reaching out trying to meet people and find out about activities organizations in my area etc (if you know any please refer me )

I hate I could summarize myself up in a few paragraphs grrrr......... anyways take care thanks for your time and I look forward to your meetings auctions and fingers crossed a few new friends. Aaron

Welcome to the area and to the club Aaron and Family! I look forward to meeting you.

Blog Entries
    Welcome, there are times of year here when you can keep fish in a barn without heat or air if you choose them carefully. In addition to AAAA, there is an Atlanta Reef club and an http://www.atlantaorchidsociety.org/. The orchid club meets on Monday nights once a month at the botanical gardens in Piedmont Park, and you just missed their annual show. Closer to you is Smith-Gilbert gardens which is right there in Kennesaw. A private home of an avid gardener turned wedding venue and botanic gardens maintained by the garden club its late owner was a member of.

If you are really bored, look at my pictures from botanical gardens in Florida https://photos.app.goo.gl/NavlQmVUVzRQpG2Z2
    Last edited by Demonfish; 03-15-2018 at 01:10 AM.

Near Athens in the Oconee River Watershed
    Aaron, you need to get into Native Fishes. You are in a good place up in Kennesaw. You said you have kept everything but hen listed a lot of stuff, but not natives! Check out www.nanfa.org and check us out. Your barn would be a great location for many natives (or stock tank ponds outside).

First the good news...

Kennesaw.PNG

You are only 20 minutes from our auctions and monthly meetings!

As for fishkeeping in the barn, it will likely work out wonderfully. Of course, having access to power and water in the barn is nearly required. Other than that, there is a big difference in exactly how cold the barn gets. Below freezing has a host of water pipe related problems, and ice capping the tanks leave you firmly in the Natives category. If you can keep the temps at least 50ish, there are a host of more traditional fish you keep.
    - Jeremy

I am super excited to get back into auctions and meetings and hopefully meet some new people with a common interest.

Hi thanks so much, I will and look forward to a possible new direction. I have not kept native fish since I was a kid and would bring them home from the rivers lakes and ponds.

wow so much info and great pictures thank you very much !