AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: All in one sump wall separation

  1. #1

    All in one sump wall separation

    Hello again,
    When cleaning my tank I noticed this:
    https://youtu.be/BEG0IK_GlzQ

    Basically I have an all in one set up with the sump in the back of the tank. As you can see the wall dividing the display area from the sump is bowing and pulling away from the filter box. The filtration appears to be working ok. Ammonia and Nitrites both hold steady at zero.

    Any way to fix this?
    Is this common with acrylic all-in-one configurations?

    Appreciate any insight you all may have.

    Thanks,
    Kristopher

  2. #2
    Board Of Directors aXio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Roswell/Marietta
    Posts
    1,241
    This is very common with the Innovative Marine aquariums and one of the main reasons we stopped carrying them at our store. It can be fixed, but you will at least need to pull and drain out the entire back of the aquarium. Depending on how far those dividers go you may need to drain then entire thing to avoid cement getting into the fish water. And reseal it using a good acrylic cement. You will need to keep the back drained and dry for at least 48+ hours for everything to set and dry properly. once you are confident it has cured and dried you can refill the back of the aquarium.
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

    aXio
    matic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by aXio View Post
    It can be fixed, but you will at least need to pull and drain out the entire back of the aquarium. Depending on how far those dividers go you may need to drain then entire thing to avoid cement getting into the fish water. And reseal it using a good acrylic cement.
    Yikes - appreciate the quick reply.

    Do you guys offer a service like that at Premiere?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Board Of Directors aXio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Roswell/Marietta
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensed View Post
    Yikes - appreciate the quick reply.

    Do you guys offer a service like that at Premiere?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately we do not. There is no professional business that will touch an aquarium reseal or repair like that in our state. Just way too much liability in doing it.

    You only bet will be going on the ARC forums and asking there. There are typically members on there willing to help with jobs like that. But it will be at your own risk entirely obviously.
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

    aXio
    matic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

  5. #5
    I'm curious to know why it is bowing in TOWARDS the main area. Typically the higher water in the display area will cause it to bow outwards from that area. Simply put, the weight of the water pushes it out. But it's bowing inwards towards that extra weight. That makes me wonder if the system is actually perfectly level, or not.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LTygress View Post
    I'm curious to know why it is bowing in TOWARDS the main area. Typically the higher water in the display area will cause it to bow outwards from that area. Simply put, the weight of the water pushes it out. But it's bowing inwards towards that extra weight. That makes me wonder if the system is actually perfectly level, or not.
    Ill have to double check it. Will report back. Used shims to leave it when I first set it up so maybe not 100% perfect but pretty close.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •