AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Anyone interested in Large & Various Cichlids & Common Plecos?

Anyone interested in Large & Various Cichlids & Common Plecos?

So, I have a thread in the Wanted section because I am looking for a large 100+ gallon fish tank. Well, I found a 125g that is perfect and in great condition. The catch is, she wants me to take the stock with the tank. I had other plans for the tank and really do not want to get back into cichlids right now, especially a hodgepodge mix with common plecos.

If anyone might be interested in a very large green terror, various mbuna, and some others I could not readily identify cichlids (seem to mostly be Lake Malawi, labs, red zebras, etc but I am not a cichlid expert by far) including another very large one, please let me know. I have to decide if I want to commit to taking these fish to rehome. Whoever takes them would have to have adequate tank size and appropriate stocking levels. She also has yoyo and clown loaches, a black red tailed shark so the stocking she has is definitely questionable and not something I would want to have for any length of time. I have a place for the yoyo with a group in my current 120, but also already have a BRTS so cannot have another.

I should have taken pictures and can ask for some if necessary. Here is all I got right now:

IMG_4392.jpg

Board Of Directors heatherbeast's Avatar
    I love me some GTs. I have a 220. What size are the clown loaches?

Quote Originally Posted by heatherbeast View Post
    I love me some GTs. I have a 220. What size are the clown loaches?
    I did not see the clown loaches when I stopped by to look at the tank. She just said there were a couple in there. I did see the yoyo loach which is a juvenile. The GT is gorgeous and a real standout fish.

What area are you located?

I have an Mbuna tank that has room for more. How many are there? Im also starting a 90g planted tank so I could re-home those loaches and maybe the shark too. I'd be out on the terror and plecos though. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydenh636 View Post
    I have an Mbuna tank that has room for more. How many are there? Im also starting a 90g planted tank so I could re-home those loaches and maybe the shark too. I'd be out on the terror and plecos though. Let me know.
    I think about 6-8. A couple blue and a couple yellow labs, a couple red zebras, a white one, and a striped one that I can remember on mbuna/lake Malawi looking.

That would be awesome because I only have room for the yo-yo loach.

Would you be willing to pay a small rehoming fee? For the time and effort to get them moved and then to you? It is not fun moving a tank and fish. I did that last August with 8 tanks. Makes me really hesitant on this deal. :-/

If not before, I could deliver fish at the May barbecue. I think that is just two weeks away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll send you a PM, thanks!

So, I have gotten enough interest in the fish to help nudge me in the direction of going through the hassle of not only picking up a tank, but fish as well meaning a real time pressure to throw the tank back up quickly keeping bb alive and getting the fish out of small containers or bags as quickly as possible.

Due to the ordeal involved and a real interest in finding appropriate homes for the fish, I have broached the subject of asking a small rehoming fee. Not sure what is appropriate in a case like this.

I also feel the need for a disclaimer. These are not my fish. They all appeared healthy and the tank looked well cared for, however, I cannot guarantee them. Quarantine would be recommended.

Another idea I had was the possibility of passing the fish off the same day I get them so they are only caught, bagged or put in tub for moving (plecos and GT) one time. That would require the recipients to come to my house in Chatsworth, GA since we will be really preoccupied with getting the tank back up quickly unless all fish have new owners. Or meet me at the sellers house in Cleveland, TN.

Any feedback, ideas, suggestions would be appreciated.

I decided to pass on the deal. I did not want to move stand and fish to set right back up in one day.

I have bought the new one on sale at petsmart so I can build exactly what I want.

Thank you for your interest!

Peathenster, your PM inbox is full so I was unable to send you a message to let you know.