AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 125g tank build

My 125g tank build

Got a frosted black background installed and my husband and son-in-law put support under the floor joists.

Here is what I am thinking at the moment. I temporarily pulled some wood out of tanks to get a visual.

Picture a larger anubias or maybe a buce or two in the middle wood piece. Lots of plants including a large red tiger lotus as well.

I have one more piece of large spider wood that could probably sit nicely on the rock to the right of the spider wood piece.

It is coming together. I hope to get it filled up in the next week or two.

I decided to stick with sand no more than 2” and not go through the hassle and expense of aquasoil. I hope to get all the sand washed and in the tank over the next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful rocks! Maybe a few manzanita branches coming down from the top?

My 125g tank build

Quote Originally Posted by peathenster View Post
    Beautiful rocks! Maybe a few manzanita branches coming down from the top?
    Ooooh, that is an awesome idea. How would you attach them?

And thanks! I got the rocks from Mot on this forum. Look for his thread. He has some awesome sets.

Quote Originally Posted by tfreema View Post
    Ooooh, that is an awesome idea. How would you attach them?

And thanks! I got the rocks from Mot on this forum. Look for his thread. He has some awesome sets.

You can use longer ones than lean on the back of the tank, or hang shorter ones with zip ties.

I would make one side of the tank rock much higher .look at the planted tank .net under aquascaping.

Look at some mots tanks .

Quote Originally Posted by kellymm View Post
    I would make one side of the tank rock much higher .look at the planted tank .net under aquascaping.
    Thanks Kelly!
    I was actually hoping that using the wood to get some height on the right side would serve that purpose without stacking rock so high that it needs to be secured with silicone or building up the sand so much that I need aquasoil.

Yes, this tank will not be Mot level aquascaping, lol. That is who I got the rocks from. If anyone is interested, he has more.

My 125g tank build

Welp, here is where I am after working on this all day today. Scaping a tank is much easier said than done.

I still need to add some jungle val and crypt retrospiralis to the back. Then some various other plants sprinkled around.

Last edited by tfreema; 06-16-2018 at 07:49 PM.

I just want to say, I absolutely adore the colour and positioning of the rockwork. The aesthetics are incredible!