AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Resealing 125 gallon tank

Resealing 125 gallon tank

Hey guys new member here. Does anyone know anybody that does professional resealing of tanks. I知 looking for someone that can reseal a 125 gallon tank for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no professional business or fish store that will reseal an aquarium in the state of Georgia that I know of. There is just way too much liability in it and most of the time the costs for a professional company are MUCH higher then people expect.

Probably your only best would be to go onto the ARC forums and ask for help there. There are people on there willing to help reseal any aquarium, but it will be entirely at your own risk and the liability of it breaking again will be on you.

But in these situations I strongly urge people to save up some money and buy a new tank or at least a used one in better condition. It is just not worth in any situation for 125 gallons of water to spill out onto your floor from a back reseal job. It will never be worth the damages that come from that.
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aXキiキo
    キmatキic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

Quote Originally Posted by aXio View Post
    There is no professional business or fish store that will reseal an aquarium in the state of Georgia that I know of. There is just way too much liability in it and most of the time the costs for a professional company are MUCH higher then people expect.

Probably your only best would be to go onto the ARC forums and ask for help there. There are people on there willing to help reseal any aquarium, but it will be entirely at your own risk and the liability of it breaking again will be on you.

But in these situations I strongly urge people to save up some money and buy a new tank or at least a used one in better condition. It is just not worth in any situation for 125 gallons of water to spill out onto your floor from a back reseal job. It will never be worth the damages that come from that.
    Hey thanks for the response. I知 pretty sure that I can reseal the tank myself. The problem with this tank is the seams on it are older so I壇 like to get those redone as well. I can probably seal the tank myself but he seams seem a lot more difficult to do since I have to remove the frame. I think for now I値l go ahead and reseal it and then build a top canopy and test it to see if I have any water leakage. In your experience have you ever had or heard of a tank just busting open due to bad seams or does it usually start showing signs of leaks before it gives way?

Quote Originally Posted by sthao View Post
    Hey thanks for the response. I知 pretty sure that I can reseal the tank myself. The problem with this tank is the seams on it are older so I壇 like to get those redone as well. I can probably seal the tank myself but he seams seem a lot more difficult to do since I have to remove the frame. I think for now I値l go ahead and reseal it and then build a top canopy and test it to see if I have any water leakage. In your experience have you ever had or heard of a tank just busting open due to bad seams or does it usually start showing signs of leaks before it gives way?

In my 7 years of working with Premier we have had only one emergency call where the tank completely busted open like you see in the movies or something. Typically its develops as a slow dripping leak and gradually get worse and worse. But once it does start leaking it is very hard to tell how much time you have. It can be a mater of minutes to days.
    Last edited by aXio; 05-15-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aXキiキo
    キmatキic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.