AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Shops with Plants?

Shops with Plants?

I need a few plants for a 20gal. tank and can't find much at Petco or PetsMart. Looking for multiple varieties short and tall and something that does well as a floating plant to provide some cover for shy tetra species. I've been to multiple branches of the above stores and just don't care for the selection...which is always minimal.

Are there any Atlanta shops that carry more than the chain operations? Yes I know, I just missed the Spring auction. :)

Thanks.

premier aquatics Has a nice selection. June meeting it also coming up. And I can say that there will be some myriophyllum mattogrossense and maybe some Cabomba caroliniana.

I am finding that the buy/sell/trade sections of fish forums like this one is a good source for nice healthy plants. Just make sure the person you are ordering from has experience shipping if it is not a local pick up. I have gotten some really nice plants lately that have been difficult to find online and nearly impossible to find in local stores.

Online places like trinsfish, aquatic arts, even amazon seem to have a better selection than the box stores.

I have only been to Premier once a couple weeks ago for the AAAA barbecue. They did seem to have a good variety of plants so you may check them out before searching online and paying shipping cost.

Thanks Lostsoul and treema, great suggestions.