AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: For sale Laetacara Dorsigera group

Hybrid View

For sale Laetacara Dorsigera group

I have a group of six Laetacara Dorsigera. Selling all for $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbletest View Post
    I have a group of six Laetacara Dorsigera. Selling all for $20.

Nice fish! If I had a compatible tank with enough room, I would go for that. I love my EBAs, but these are stunning with a more natural look to them.

I know I wish I could keep them but I have to move and I donít think I will have time to break it down and set back up quickly. It took a while to establish the tank too and I donít want to start that again.

I moved 8 fish tanks last fall. One of which was a 120g. It was not easy and took some serious planning. It was just 6 miles down the road so that made a difference.

For the big tank with big fish, I set up 30 gallon totes with seeded sponge filters, small HOBS, and heaters the night before. Drained tank down and removed decor to tubs and buckets so I could catch the fish. Depending on the fish, they were bagged up or put in buckets to be transported to new house and placed in tubs. I put some decor in tubs to reduce stress. Went back to finish breaking down tank. Others were loading the truck while I was working on tank. It was loaded last so it could be unloaded first. We finished moving everything and I set the tank back up and got it running. The fish went back in the next morning.

I did not have to move in one weekend so it actually took several weeks to get all tanks moved over. Keeping the plants alive was one of my biggest challenges. I didnít think to cover them with wet paper towels until after several tanks were moved.

I had no losses, but it was stressful and took a lot of time. So, I get it. I had a chance to get a great deal in a 125, but had to take the fish. I knew what I was in for so it became less of a good deal, lol.

Yeah, I had been downsizing knowing a move was coming. I thought maybe I would hold onto a few tanks but we have to make the move in less than two days due to closing on the houses. I am keeping a little planted cube tank with some nice plants and Betta. And some tanks/equipment I want to keep.

Can you ship them? I am in Columbia, TN 38401.
    Thanks.....Mark

Interested! How big are they, and what size tank would you recommend for all six?

they need a 20l at bare minimum. better is a 29 or 55.

Thatís right. I had mine in a 55 but I am downsizing so they are in a 20 long right now, I would say it is a little to crowded in a 20 long.