AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: local German blue ram breeder?

local German blue ram breeder?

Recently became very interested in gbr and would like to get a locally bred stock.I would like to know if there are any local gbr breeders around atlanta area and if so, how do I locate them?

Several members are breeding rams. They check in here regularly as well as the groups FB page. Not sure info they currently have any pairs available or not though.

Thanks tangfan. I will have to wait for them to come in and reply to my post. Do you happen to know if they sell it at the monthly meet?

Larry Bugg (Bugman) breeds rams. I believe he is just working with Electric Blue red heads right now, but he's the guy I would want rams from. I have a pair of his currently with 4 day old fry. If mine live, you can have some in 3 months or so. lol

My newest batch is only a couple of months old and I don't sell them till 4 months old. Cannot sex them before that.
    Larry Bugg
    NADA (North American Discus Association) BOD Member
    SEDE, Southeast Discus Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by HN1 View Post
    Larry Bugg (Bugman) breeds rams. I believe he is just working with Electric Blue red heads right now, but he's the guy I would want rams from. I have a pair of his currently with 4 day old fry. If mine live, you can have some in 3 months or so. lol
    Cool I will pray they all will make it! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    My newest batch is only a couple of months old and I don't sell them till 4 months old. Cannot sex them before that.
    Larry, awesome. I will wait for yours to be available. I have not had any luck with the ones I bought from the big box stores. Out of the 3 I bought only one made it to the 2 week mark. Hopefully, I will have better luck getting from local a breeder like you. If you don't mind, can I pm you to ask for tips to be successful with Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post
    Cool I will pray they all will make it! Lol.
    Unfortunately the fry were eaten today (Day 5). Definitely wait for Larry's to be ready. I'm not set up to breed, but I'll eventually raise some of these. They are amazing fish.

Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post
    If you don't mind, can I pm you to ask for tips to be successful with Rams?
    Absolutely. One of my passions is helping others with the hobby.
    Larry Bugg
    NADA (North American Discus Association) BOD Member
    SEDE, Southeast Discus Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    Absolutely. One of my passions is helping others with the hobby.
    Thanks Larry. I will pm you shortly. The hobby needs more people like you!