AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Tank mate help!!!!

Tank mate help!!!!

I have 5 blood parrots in a 55 gallon (ranging 2" - 7" see pics below). I am looking for a 125 gallon as an upgrade. Can I put peacocks with blood parrots? If not what are good tank mates for them? Looking for fish with great personality and/or color.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've never kept BPs, but Peacocks should not go with them. They need different water parameters and would likely kill them.

clown loaches will work, maybe some small oscars, parrots can be pushy so something that can hold its own or stays out of the middle of the tank area, maybe some barbs or larger danios will work. I bet som e large congo tetra would be fine too. stuff that is faster than the parrot to bully around.

jim

Orange/Red shoulder severums, jewel cichlid and acara, regular or electric. I do like the congo idea, they're coloration would play well and still keep the BP's the stars of the tank. Water parameters pretty close as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamedad View Post
    Orange/Red shoulder severums, jewel cichlid and acara, regular or electric. I do like the congo idea, they're coloration would play well and still keep the BP's the stars of the tank. Water parameters pretty close as well.
    Thanks I'll look into the congos

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Peacocks are from the Malawi rift lake in Africa and the aggression will not work well with the BP, but if you want another cichlid try lokking into acara cichlids, they are native to the same region as the BP would be from.