AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Choosing bag size's for fish

Choosing bag size's for fish

I was wondering how do you choose the bag size for fish that you are planning to bring to auction. And also where do you purchase your bags from.

Here's a great article on bagging fish for the auctions. http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/conte...sh-for-Auction

Bag size is going to depend on size, type, and number of fish primarily. I have personally gotten mine from Ken's fish and Jehmco IIRC.

Len

I'm trying to figure out how to determine what size bag I should use for say a 6" Oscar. Or an Angel fish.

I'd probably go with 10-12" 3 mil bags for those. You could get away with smaller for the angel, but will need to plan based on the oscar IMO.

And sometimes, just using a bucket will work out better for bigger fish if your not sure on bag size.

That was a great link HN1. I am also curious how to bag up mystery snails. Normally you would wrap them in wet paper towels to ship, but I am thinking folks bidding on them would like to see the snails. Would you just put a little bit of water in the bottom of the bag and drop them in loose?

Quote Originally Posted by tfreema View Post
    That was a great link HN1. I am also curious how to bag up mystery snails. Normally you would wrap them in wet paper towels to ship, but I am thinking folks bidding on them would like to see the snails. Would you just put a little bit of water in the bottom of the bag and drop them in loose?
    When I bag snails, I typically treat them like a fish or a shrimp and place them in an appropriate bag. If the bag is a standard bag, then I leave some air in it, if it is a breather bag, then you do not have to leave air. Some people choose to use jars for snails since they really do not require a significqant amount of water. But, letting the bidders actually see what they bid on will bring higher bids.