AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Coptodon bakossiorum

Blog Entries

Coptodon bakossiorum

These are an underrated west african cichlid from lake bermin. They were getting passed around the club regularly. Not sure if they are still going around. These have been a really prolific fish for me. They breed regularly with water changes and consistent feedings. They'll eat anything. They ate my amazon swords to the root but they haven't bothered any anubias or crypts. Mine defend their fry well. Once the pair formed they were pretty aggressive with conspecifics. They dont pay other tank mates too much attention unless there are fry. They have spawned in pots for me. They have also cleared the substrate from the bottom of the aquarium and used the bottom of the tank as a spawning site. They have pretty breeding colors. They get some nice reds that contrast well against their usual green. My Male is around 5 inches and female probably 3 or 4 inches. Here's some pictures with their most recent spawn. Please excuse the glass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I had some from Tampa, saturated the local market, then mailed the rest out of state. Might be time for another wave, good fish for bap. Breed like convicts, but not as mean. Try the ACA cares page if you get overrun. They make an effort to keep and breed endangered fish. These fish come from a single lake in Cameroon, so the habitat rather than the fish is threatened.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

id like to try some. i have a 20 gallon or 15 gallon tanks....im not sure those are big enough. What do you guys think?

Blog Entries
    We had a pair spawning a 20H. But they were a mated pair when we put them in, so no drama

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk