AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: What to use

What to use

So I am making a "starter set" of sorts to get the kids ready to take care of fish. My kids will use my old 30g tank. Here's the thing that will probably make everyone here cringe: They want a spongebob themed tank.

I am currently looking for the houses of spongebob and patrick, but i am stumped with plants I can put. What suggestions would you have for tropical looking plants I can put in?
    Working on building my own aquarium when I'm not working from home as a programmer for a sports betting software company. I need a good view when working!

Blog Entries
    bamboo, let it stick out of the tank.

IKEA usually has the Bamboo for like $2 a stem.

Petco in PTC has the Spongebob house and figurines. Usually a few in the clearance bins ...
    - Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfish View Post
    bamboo, let it stick out of the tank.
    how many inches would i keep the top part out of the water?
    Working on building my own aquarium when I'm not working from home as a programmer for a sports betting software company. I need a good view when working!

Quote Originally Posted by Mog Carns View Post
    IKEA usually has the Bamboo for like $2 a stem.

Petco in PTC has the Spongebob house and figurines. Usually a few in the clearance bins ...
    Sorry, dont quite know how to reply with multiple quotes. Thanks, trying to avoid going to the black hole of Ikea. I've found the figurines, just trying to figure out what else I could put in the tank so its not so bare (and so kids can learn to take care of plants).