AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Club's Goodwill Program project #1

Blog Entries

Club's Goodwill Program project #1

Hey Folks!

I wanted to take a moment to announce the kickoff of the club's Goodwill program. The goal of the program is to promote and encourage responsible fish keeping and the appreciation of aquaria through partnerships with Atlanta area community organizations.

We're starting off with the Forsyth County Senior Center. My wife Marcie (harpua2002) and I will “adopt” this location and maintain the tank, but we do need a backup contact or two.

The tank is a 10G Tetra half moon (internal filter) with a PFS/aragonite mix substrate, flora is a few corkscrew vals, some dwarf chain sword, hygro corymbosa, some pennywort, and an anubias nana. The fauna is a single male dragon scale crown tail betta and 2 nerites for the time being. We'll add 6 harlies in a week or so and may see how RCS work with the betta once the plants grow in. The staff and seniors seem to be really enjoying it.

We're going to need a bunch of stuff to make this program a success and the most important will be volunteer time. If you're interested in “adopting” a location or helping out in any way, please email me with your location and interests.

wonderful set-up! I have gravel to donate. Some is colored, some is natural pea gravel.
    Join the Angelfish Lovers group ! The Best Fish Are Beattyfish

i have stuff to donate, unfortunately over winter i can give time but not over summer. work constraints (plus 20 up and running tanks) :)
    i have 3 driftwood pieces, a 10 gallon tank with hood, lights and filter.
    i have gravel (natural brown mix) big or small
    i can part with a few silver platies and a female betta, and can buy up a few bags of fishy food once you know what you need...

i am in paulding county, and can deliver to hiram, douglasville or smyrna.
    Sarah

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the offers! We're off to a slow start, but will hopefully pick up after the new year. Forsyth has already asked about their second location, but I'd like to spread this out a bit first. I keep good notes, so I'll definitely keep you two in mind! :) Thanks again!

I am very close by in Dawson County. Let me know if I can help out.

TerryB

Would you consider a location in Alabama? I live in Oxford, Al and would love to maintain a tank in the area.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celticjewel View Post
    Would you consider a location in Alabama? I live in Oxford, Al and would love to maintain a tank in the area.
    The original post is from over 5 years ago and the Good Will program never really caught on though we did maintain this tank for over 4 years and set up tanks in multiple schools as well. If you are interested in doing something like this in Al., I would absolutely encourage you to do so and would support however I can. I have a ton of used equipment, etc. Feel free to PM me.

Wow. I didn't even notice the date ! I am trying to think of a good place. I love the idea. We have one at our senior living home and they really enjoy it. I wonder if the Library in the children's section would be possible. Need to get more young ones into loving aquariums. We do not even have a locally owned aquarium shop , anywhere, near our town. It is sad.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celticjewel View Post
    Wow. I didn't even notice the date ! I am trying to think of a good place. I love the idea. We have one at our senior living home and they really enjoy it. I wonder if the Library in the children's section would be possible. Need to get more young ones into loving aquariums. We do not even have a locally owned aquarium shop , anywhere, near our town. It is sad.
    No worries at all. I'm kind of glad to see the idea revived. :)

Me and my company would be interested in getting involved, could you fill me in on more details ?