AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Fox's 120G Hi-Tech Planted

Fox's 120G Hi-Tech Planted

So now that my tank is starting to mature a bit, and the plants are growing in, I thought I'd share where I'm at. I'm not sure why i decided to take photos the day before water change and cleaning the glass, but hey! It's a start. The tank is high light, pressurized co2, and EI dosing. The big ugly thing on the side of the tank is a UV sterilizer, which is worth its weight in gold for me since this sits by a window!

Very pretty setup!

Looks real nice.

Thanks guys, it's still growing in (rapidly). Got some big beautiful java fern mats from geotek at the auction that you can see in the photos (thanks geotek!) I'm going to have to rip out all the rotala indica and replant the tops, because its so tangled from the current. I've also strangely had zero luck with my corkscrew vals, no growth whatsoever. Not sure what I'm doing wrong with them, but they're quickly being crowded out by stargrass and the rotala. Oh well!

I picked up the only Bolivian Ram at Petland Dunwoody last week, and I'd really like to get a few more of these guys, as my angelfish occupy the top of the tank. How many Bolivian Rams could I get with the 4ft x 2ft space (and plenty of cover)? I saw on another forum someone was suggesting that 6 would be great for a 65 gallon.. how many would you put in my 120 gallon? I'd prefer mostly females to tone down on aggression if possible (though I know they're hard to sex). Here's my current stocking list:

6 Angelfish
    5 Green Corydoras
    3 Congo Tetras (looking for 3 more to add)
    1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco
    3 Siamese Algae Eaters
    1 Bolivian Ram