AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Bichirs besides Senegalus, where can I buy them(not online)

Small Bichirs besides Senegalus, where can I buy them(not online)

Hi, I am somewhat new to this forum being a viewer since two months ago and a member since the spring auction.
    For the longest time I only had my 55 gallon set up with a few interesting fish I could find at Petsmart and the only LFS(now out of business) I could find. During 2012 I have become much more involved with two 55s a 75, a 30 and a 10(everything looks natural except for the 10 which was made for my nieces). I am an oddball only aquariusts, I kept cichlids before and I still have one I love(six years old, been through everything). Considering all the hype I had heard about it, I was expecting to find more oddballs at the auction then I saw. The only actual oddball there was one African Butterfly fish, which made me sad but I got plenty of plants and I am very glad I went for all the people I met while setting up and breaking down. I have found some decent sized senegal bichirs at Petsmart and I helped a friend out for a delhezi which he gave me for cheap, but I can't drop $50 a fish, I am a college student trying to survive on a full time job at a grocery store.

I am new and need some help. Where can I find cool small bichirs. I hate online stores because you pay $40-$60 in S&H(alot to me). Where can I buy some babies I can grow out. I really spoil my bichirs(I buy Canadian nightcrawlers and chop them up with scissors for feeding time) and I loved the Delhezi my friend hooked me up with. I want to get some more in my understocked 75 and I am getting a 150 gallon shortly which will be the same setup(look at my aqua pics). So does anybody know where I can find some cheaper baby bichirs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oddballer; 04-05-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Both Petland and Atypical fish will special order for you, but don't expect them to be cheap. Cheap babies happen in our club when someone start breeding them. I don't know of anyone spawning bichirs, but you never know.

+1 for petland dunwoody

they had 2" delhezi a couple of weeks ago

check on monsterfishkeepers. i got 4 large bichirs, 3 dels and a polli, for $100 shipped.

Thanks. I will be attending the auctions from now on because I loved the last one and I hope to see some more oddballs next time. I am by Athens so I go to the Petland there often and have never seen one. I will check Atypicalfish because I know they are local to me.
    @HiImSean I looked there but didn't see anything like that. I got a link to bluegrass but it was $60 in shipping. I will try to look a little more in depth.

Blog Entries
    Sorry you didn't find what you wanted. Auction stuff changes every time.

Yeah, everything seemed cichlid based. I loved the plants I got though and I definitely plan on going again. Maybe something will turn up next time.

Call stores and ask what they can special order. I got a delhezi from the Aviarium a few years ago for $20, it was decent size too, about 3-4"
    John

We have some Endlicheri's, Weeksi's, and Palmas, We are running sales right now :)
    Atypical Fish
    470-234-4236
    www.atypicalfish.com

We have some Endlicheri's, Weeksi's, and Palmas, We are running sales right now :) They are rare that's why it's hard to find them cheap. If we do manage to breed them once they grow out, we'll let you know. We try to be reasonable with our prices, and some prices are negotiable, but we really haven't turned a profit yet selling, it's more like doing people favors finding them fish, we're trying to supplement income too!
    Atypical Fish
    470-234-4236
    www.atypicalfish.com