AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aged Water

Blog Entries
    The stuff works pretty fast, so if you add dechlor to a container, fill it up, wait maybe a minute, empty it into the tanks, it will be fine. Reaction rates are concentration dependent. Use too little and you can't be sure it will go and fish could get a bit chlorine burned or the biology in your filter could conceivable be killed off. .

I first open my valve and then dose Safe.

Here is the answer I got from Seachem when I ask them using Safe with a garden hose feeder sprayer: "Hello Pierre,
    Thank you for your questions. I do not see any issue in utilizing Safe in this manner, as long as you can be sure that you are using the appropriate amount of Safe for the volume of water being treated."So now, I'll need to find the right measure... maybe I'm asking for trouble and should just add Safe directly into the tank.

Yesterday I did a 80% water change in my GBR outgrow tank.
    I used cold water out of the tap feeded by garden hose and dosed 1/4 teaspoon safe in a 40 gallon.
    No deads, no stress.

Blog Entries
    the fish does matter. River/stream fish seem to enjoy water changes. Be super careful with the Tanganyikans, though.