AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: German Blue Rams

German Blue Rams

We have hundreds of juvenile, German Blue Rams to choose from. They are 4 months old, and are eating virtually everything. They were raised in tap water (no R/O water) with a pH of 7.4 and harness of about 200 ppm. These guys are not quite full grown, but they are fully mature, and we have several pairs from this group that have already spawned, and we are currently raising their fry.

For more photos of the actual fish for sale, visit our PhotoBucket album at: http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/...erman%20Blues/. These photos were updated on 04/05/12.

We are located in the Chicagoland area, but can ship anywhere within the Continental US for a flat rate of $12 for up to 16 fish. The price for these fish is $5 each. You can contact me via e-mail at kodi696@yahoo.com or via text at (847)302-8006.

Thanks for Looking,
    Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by matt13 View Post
    but they are fully mature, and we have several pairs from this group that have already spawned, and we are currently raising their fry.
    Why are you inbreeding your rams?

The parents are unrelated, so the babies are fine to cross one or two times. How do you think the gold rams came to be? the entire line was created by what you call inbreeding. breeders crossed the German Blues with the most gold color and kept breeding their babies together to get the best looking gene. My German Blue and Long Fin Gold rams have very good lineage and it is more than fine to cross the babies without running into any genetic problems. Like i said, that is how new color varieties are created. If you go on aqua bid some breeders even advertise the fact that their rams are F-4s (the babies have been bred together for four generations), to show that their line is strong and the color sticks. For tams, it is more than okay to cross the babies together as long as you out cross every couple generations.