AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petland Dunwoody's 12 Year Aniversary

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by lilhebert View Post
    We do have some frogbit right now, you can get a nice little handful for a dollar.
    Thanks! Be there for lunch! (Not to eat the frogbit)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE View Post
    For what it's worth...they told me the Bolivian Rams I bought from them were raised in the United States (Miami?) by breeders who use ponds. And yes, they were more expensive, but they are also significantly happier, hardier and more colorful than the Bolivian Rams I got from Petsmart.
    There's no doubt on the quality. I was also told about their buying of local/US pond/farm breeders. The stores that use SunPets typically have expensive beat-up fish... these guys don't.

So I shouldn't blame them for the deformed ebjd I paid $30 for?

To elaborate, one the ebjd, one pelvic fin is tiny and isn't used. I guess it could of been completely bitten off before I got it and never grew back but from what I can tell there it's there, just "little". I still love my little special guy but he will never have a gf if you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Deformed fish are pretty common. Breeder's will usually give you a replacement, but not pay shipping. I don't know what a retailer will do. You could ask. Fish have historically been sold "as is" in person, you are supposed to look at them. 2-week guarantees and replacing fish that die is a chainstore "innovation" to encourage you to buy without researching.

They have a 3 day policy. I had bought two the appeared to be beaked. Took them back and had the manager pick out the two he thought looked the best. These were my first ebjd so it was a learning process. I should of looked closer and I'm not mad I just think to an extent that if fish are too small to tell deformities, perhaps they shouldn't be sold. That way those can be culled rather than potentially passing on bad genes. I guess that is a pipe dream considering tho..... Too bad he is the prettiest male of all my ebjd's. now I've gotten better about just buying juvies from random stores etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    That is one place where retail prices hurt You buy 2 fish instead of 6 or 8 you can select from after they are grown. You need be super careful with line bred strains, defects are far more common than in wild-types

So what is on sale this Sunday (its on the way to the meeting for me)?
    Last edited by Demonfish; 10-05-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Some of the sales we are having at the current moment in time go as follow:
    10% off ANY Seachem product (only until the 28th)
    Buy two plants get one free.
    Buy two tetras get one free.
    Buy two livebearers get one free.
    And other sales on many of our dry products.

Quote Originally Posted by lilhebert View Post
    Some of the sales we are having at the current moment in time go as follow:
    10% off ANY Seachem product (only until the 28th)
    Buy two plants get one free.
    Buy two tetras get one free.
    Buy two livebearers get one free.
    And other sales on many of our dry products.
    Do you guys have any lemon tetras in? This is a pretty good deal and the lemons I got from your store have a much higher survival rate than others I've gotten...