AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: substrate

substrate

Which is better? Blasting sand or black florists?

Is this blasting sand? http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2034940...ct_description
    It's time to make Lemonade out of all these Lemons!

I get the diamond blasting sand from northern tools. I like it and a lot of people love it.

They have it in store for $7.99 / 50 Lbs in Covington, McDonough and Canton (http://www.tractorsupply.com) . I read conflicting feedback with Cory's. Nalu, can you elaborate how you are using it, how much washing is needed etc...?

Thanks,

Pierre

Hmm then maybe i need to stick with the more expensive aquarium sand. I wouldn't want to harm the Cory.

So i wwent to look at it.to.compare and.couldnt find it.in home depot or Lowes. Where do i fi.d it?

Blog Entries
    Northern Tool is the only one who has the black blasting sand. I use it in almost all my tanks. Very little cleaning needed, and has never harmed a fish of mine as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Elleabridges View Post
    So i wwent to look at it.to.compare and.couldnt find it.in home depot or Lowes. Where do i fi.d it?
    The 'other' Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Elleabridges View Post
    I get mine from ace. I fill a 5 gallon bucket half way with sand and run a hose into it allowing thewater to run clear for about a minute. Then I dump the excess water off the top mix the wet sand around and then repeat. I have leopard and green cories and they don't have a problem heard plecos don't like it

I called ace and they.had no.clue.... Im in snellville anyone have a place? Or have some i can buy unused?

Ok...organic miracle grow? Feedback....

I like it I have in 3 tanks just get the large chunks out