AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Electric Yellow Labidochromis juveniles

Electric Yellow Labidochromis juveniles

I have approximately 25 electric yellow labidochromis fry that are currently 3-4 weeks old. 2 different sets in the tank. They are changed out 90% water a day and are fed baby brine shrimp until they can handle the spirulina flakes

I am going to be selling them when they are 1-2 inches and I wanted to get a list of people interested.

Thanks!DSCN0852.jpgDSCN0853.jpgDSCN0854.jpg

Blog Entries
    Perhaps giving people a price may help fill that list.

Would they do well with Tetras.? If so, am interested in a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Otter View Post
    no, they're cichlids and will do OK with your tetras when they're young. but once they mature, they will eat the tetras for lunch

While I wouldn't recommend putting these with tetras I will say that in several of my African tanks there are tetra's . Originally I used them as dither fish but they have grown with the cichlids and are never harassed . for instance in a 100 gal tank I have 6 wild caught Placidochromis phenochilus Tanzania , 2 large males 7 inch and 4 females 6 in , three large hap sp tomato 1 male 2 females 3 to 5 in , and 9 tropheops sp elongotus boadzulo . swimming happily with these are 6 really large [now] Borneo tetras go figure . The same sort of thing is repeated in several of my tanks . Rick

Thanks for the info. I'm a beginner, so I think I'll pass until my feet are a firmly planted on the substrate.

I apologize it took me so long to get back to this. Yeah, I would not place mbuna cichilids with tetras.... lunch time.

I am asking 5$ a piece. This does not include shipping. We can talk group rates if you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Otter View Post
    When considering putting cichlids from lake Malawi and most tetras in the same tank, it at least needs to be considered that optimum water conditions are vastly different. Lake Malawi has hard water with a high PH. Most common tetras are soft/ low PH fish.
    Ron VanZant