AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more BAP questions

more BAP questions

just wanted to make sure i do everything correctly before i submit. i know the fry need to be 60 days and all that but I recall you can get bonus points by writing a journal of the spawning process and brood care. is that a word document i complete at my leisure? or do i create a blog on the forum? any and all help is appreciated. thanks!

I have written an article before and David published it in the newsletter. I got credit for it.

I also have a question in regards to BAP. Can you get points by just bringing the fry in to get verified. I have some 5 L316 fry if they survive but I do not want to sell them.

I believe that the bonus for an article is based on any write up of how you took care of the fish, the conditions they were kept in, their spawning behaviors, raising of fry, etc. etc. Dave will love you forever for newsletter material! :)

BAP fry must be sold at auction according to the program guide here (http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/conte...-Award-Program). It is a bit dated, but is the latest.

Board Of Directors heatherbeast's Avatar
    Also telling someone that they are for BAP instead of just writing 'BAP' on the bag helps, too. Remind me who we should talk to about that, again?

Thanks you three. Helpful info. Bummer about the rules on selling to get BAP Garfield.

Right now, Luis Indocohea does the BAP program (I do the HAP program), so make sure he knows you have brought in the BAP fish. Don't forget to complete the BAP sheet. When I write an article, I let Luis know that too. I have even had people give me their BAP sheets when Luis wasn't there, and eventually they get to him. We have to sell the fish to get BAP points because that is the source of income for the top notch, highly admired and sought after plaques, made from genuine biological material from a sustainable source (wood). Hmmmmm.... I wonder if the BAP plaque would make a nice tank decoration...

You love your plaques Ken. Everybody needs something to strive for haha. If you/Luis arent there is there someone who can vouch for the BAP/HAP points?

There's a form? O_O Haha, I realize it's going be like... a 1/2 point for that set of Endler's MONTHS ago, but I'm still interested in catching up, if possible.

Edit: Ah, found it after going back and re-reading the BAP page. Since the points are awarded per species, I'll just fill the sheet out for the next set that comes along.
    Last edited by heatherbeast; 07-29-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Sure, I think anyone on the board of directors could verify you brought the livestock, and get the form from you. Better yet, I think you can e-mail BAP sheets to Luis, and HAP sheets to me. Then no one will have to remember to get the sheets to us.

And it has the added bonus of no tree murder. ;) Thank you for all the help, Ken!