AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Peacock Bass, Mayan, Jack Dempsey, Senegal Bichir, Johanna Pike Cichild

Board Of Directors heatherbeast's Avatar

Peacock Bass, Mayan, Jack Dempsey, Senegal Bichir, Johanna Pike Cichild

Hey all,

Working on a few new breeding projects and wanted to clear up some space. Pictures are of fish in hand. Please REPLY to this thread or contact me by PM. I'm located near Doraville. Thanks for having a look!

Three juvenile peacock bass (Cichla ocellaris/monoculus). 2 are of unknown sex and are ~6.5-7" long. The third is an 8" long male beginning to develop a nuchal hump. All are eating sinking cichlid Gold and Massivore. $20 each for the smaller, $30 for large male. $50 for all three.

DSC_0564 (800x508).jpg PbassBoss (800x404).jpg

Dinosaur bichir (Polypterus senegalus), unknown sex, ~8.5 inches long. Eats all sorts of sinking pellets. $15. Photographed with with pbass.

-----

Mayan cichlid (Cichlasoma urophthalmus), adult male. 10". He's a sassy happy bull, but my female jag normally keeps him in line. Eats sinking Cichlid Gold and Massivore. $30.

Mayan2 (800x430).jpg DSC_0591 (800x769).jpg

-----

Johanna (grey) pike cichlid, (Crenicichla johanna), adult male. ~12" long. Eats feeders and crayfish. $60.

DSC_0619 (800x438).jpg PikeCichlid2 (800x336).jpg PikeCichlid1 (800x534).jpg

-----

Jack Dempsey (Rocio otofasciata), adult male. ~9" long. Eats floating and sinking Cichlid Gold, and Massivore. $20.

JackDempsey2 (800x469).jpg JackDempsey1 (800x516).jpg

-----

Edited with new suggested prices!!!
    Last edited by heatherbeast; 09-07-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Will the Pike go with a very large Red Bellied Pacu, Spotted knife fish and a Jack Dempsey?

Tod

Hi Tod,

How's your pacu about scale-biting? Otherwise, I think he will be okay. The pike likes to stake out a rock or two to claim as his own. He actually is in the the tank with the JD I posted and a bunch of other large CA/SA cichlids now, and as long as there's three good rock territories for him, the knife, and the JD to hang out in, everything should be good. He's never been one to start anything, but most fish back down once they see how large he opens his mouth!

What's the least you could take for him? He would be in a 210 and would have plenty of room to claim a territory. Also, where would I get crayfish to feed him with?

Couple of options for crayfish -- I normally get red swamp crayfish from farmers' markets seafood sections. He currently goes through about 5-6 a week. Keeping a colony of marbled crayfish is another option. They're slower growing but you can control the nutrition the fish receives by gut-loading them. I'll send a PM about pricing.

Bumpity bump. Everyone's still fat and happy and AVAILABLE! :) Willing to accept reasonable offers and can offer discounts for any multiples you may happen to purchase.

Bump for new suggested prices!!! See original post.

Pike is gone!

All others are still available. Can be brought to October meeting or semi-annual auction.

Bass are gone! Mayan, JD, and Bichir still available. :)

Quote Originally Posted by heatherbeast View Post
    Bass are gone! Mayan, JD, and Bichir still available. :)
    And bass are SUPER happy! They don't know what with 6 feet of swimming room. :)