AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: The Introductions Forum

The Introductions Forum

Welcome. Please provide our members and guests a sense of your experience and interests in fish keeping.

Items such as time involved in the hobby, number of tanks, goals in the hobby, fish preferences, area you reside, etc. will all help us understand how to best answer your questions and/or direct you to stores / breeders / etc.

Thanks. We look forward to "meeting" you!

Dale

hello AAAA, my name is Harvey, but most just call me bean. I come from northern Indiana and now live in Helen ga. I started keeping fish in 87' joined the MICHIANA AQUARIUM SOCIETY in 89' after that I was ate up with fishkeeping, I started a cichlid breeding operation, supplying fish stores in the surrounding states. tanganyikan and Malawians were my bread and butter fish. I had 70 tanks 30 gallons and bigger. in 96 I had a house fire and lost the total operation, so I put it behind me taking a break, I started airbrushing and this allowed me to travel, in 07 I had a shop in san Antonio and had met greg steeves and joined the HILL COUNTRY CICHLID CLUB, I had a few tanks set up and was learning about Victorians, in 10' I was back on the road again and wound up in Helen, and started keeping natives and darters, ive always had an interest in them. just a few weeks ago I decided I want to move back up north in the spring, and start breeding cichlids again. so I got a few tanks im setting up, along with my 245g native tank. looks like you guys have a great club and an most awesome forum!

Welcome! Can't wait to get to know you better. Hope you can make it to our monthly meetings.

Welcome back!

I look forward to learning about your experience.

Pierre

Blog Entries
    Welcome, I may know you. I started keeping fish in 1980 and was in GCCA for years and often went over to Michiana's shows and auctions. I also started with malawians in the 80's. Back them they could pay. I think its amazing the same fish still sell for $6 like they did then.