AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Spring 2014 Auction Registration is now OPEN!!!

Blog Entries
    You would definitely be welcomed to buy anything. When you say "newbie auctioneer" do you mean "bidder" (the person buying items) or the "auctioneer" (the person on stage describing the items and the asking for bids from the audience)? The former is easy but the latter is a lot harder than it looks. As far as bidding, anyone interested in fish keeping should be at our auction on Sunday. It's just amazing to see all the different varieties of fish and plants and know, for the right price, it can be yours. I look forward to seeing you at the auction. Don't forget to pre-register to get your bidder number.

Brian

So one question I have that I don't recall seeing the answer to. :) I probably missed it somewhere, but here it is anyway.
    What forms of payment are accepted for purchases made at the auction?

Quote Originally Posted by jhw972 View Post
    So one question I have that I don't recall seeing the answer to. :) I probably missed it somewhere, but here it is anyway.
    What forms of payment are accepted for purchases made at the auction?
    Both cash and credit cards are welcomed.
    Larry Bugg
    NADA (North American Discus Association) BOD Member
    SEDE, Southeast Discus Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    By "newie auctioneer" are you saying you want to be the auctioneer or are you asking if it is alright for a newbie to attend and purchase at the auction? The auction is absolutely open to everyone and we welcome newbie's!! It won't take long till you catch on and get caught up in the action.
    What time in the evening does this end? I know I saw it starts at 11, but I did not see an end time.

it ends when we get it all auctioned off. I hope earlier than the last one. Hopefully before 5:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichlid View Post
    What time in the evening does this end? I know I saw it starts at 11, but I did not see an end time.
    Varies every time I think. Maybe 5 or 6ish. You can checkout and pay for your items whenever you like during the day. Though usually the bargains are found near the end of the auction.

Blog Entries
    FYI. If you have to leave the auction early but would like to come back later to bid on more items, that is fine. Just keep your bidder number with you and you can checkout as many times as necessary.

Looks like temps tomorrow will be a bit on the chillier side, 40's in the morning and 60's in the afternoon. May want to bring a styrofoam cooler to hold the fish you buy.

Blog Entries
    Whew! I'll bet a nice warm hotdog or three will take the chill off your bones!! Same prices as last auction, see you all there!!

D.

Quote Originally Posted by hsd View Post
    Looks like temps tomorrow will be a bit on the chillier side, 40's in the morning and 60's in the afternoon. May want to bring a styrofoam cooler to hold the fish you buy.
    I really only have room for ONE MORE TANK!

Hey what does everybody think about devising a system to determine the appropriate number of bags that are removed from the auction tables and placed in queue for the auction? It seems to me that the volunteers pull bags so much faster than the auctioneer can move them that the first one or two hundred bags (so it seems) just sit en queue where the bidders cant look at them for evaluation. Doesn't it take at least an hour or two to move through the priority bags? I've seen it where a priority sticker is placed on a bag at the beginning of the auction and it is then pulled to the auctioneer's queue and then it sits for an hour or more before it is auctioned. During that hour nobody else gets to see the fish In the bag and they don't really have the to opportunity to inspect the fish for health and quality to determine if they want to bid on them. Perhaps there is a reason that it is better for the bags to sit closer to the auctioneer and out of the view of the public that I'm unaware of? Can we keep it to one small table with, say, thirty minutes worth of bags? Maybe when the table(s) is getting full one of the BODs can tell the volunteers with the shopping carts to take a break? Overall, it has to affect the final sale price if the items if nobody has been able to look at them for an hour, right? I mean assuming everybody usually wants to see what they're bidding on instead of a 10 second description. I hope this doesn't come across angry. it's something that's been bothering me for the last three auctions and I just can't find the silver lining to it. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk