AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 120 Day(s)

Thread: 40 gallon aquascape

Here's our 40 gallon aquascape:

I can already see things I want to change, so a new picture may be forthcoming :) For some reason, the plants on the left side always grow faster than the plants on the right - weird, because the CO2 diffuser is on the right!

I took out all the white sand from the front of the tank, because so much black substrate from the back of the tank had gotten mixed in and it needed to be replaced. That was over 2 weeks ago, and I still haven't put in new sand! I'm starting to get used to the tall rock wall, but one of these days I'll get around to it!

ps. I'm posting a couple of closeups of some mystery moss in the plant section - hopefully someone has some idea what they are.

Very nice, have you seen the planted tanks in this months Tropical Fish mag? UUUHHmazing!!

Love it!! What are your plants?

per request, here is a slightly more recent photo of this tank (about one year ago):

40 gallon by keidsmoe, on Flickr

The plants in the tank are:

Blyxa aubertii
    Blyxa japonica
    crypt wendtii
    red tiger lotus
    bacopa monnieri
    Java moss
    Christmas moss
    fissidens sp
    some other mystery moss - possibly weeping moss?

And here's more recent bonus closeup (must have been after a water change):

O2 on a lotus by keidsmoe, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by zmo63 View Post
    per request
    The plants in the tank are:

Blyxa aubertii
    Blyxa japonica
    crypt wendtii
    red tiger lotus
    bacopa monnieri
    Java moss
    Christmas moss
    fissidens sp
    some other mystery moss - possibly weeping moss?
    Thank you!! This is my favorite tank. Especially love the rocks. I am tempted now to try to do diy Co2. That moss would die with excel being dosed.

What is the substrate? Looks like minimum sand in front of the rocks.

The substrate in the back is ecocomplete, and in the front is pool filter sand, though the ecocomplete tends to get mixed in. I use injected CO2 some of the time, but I think there's something wrong with the needle valve. It tends to shut off and I forget about it.

What kind of lighting ???? Bulbs,etc.?????Thanks Donny Oh and by the way the tank is beautiful....

96W compact fluorescent, 6700K. I have it on about 8 hours a day, I think.